Welcome to Fusion Management. We represent models, actors and dancers in the entertainment industry. We are very pleased that you have chosen us to represent you. The following terms and conditions set out the fundamental foundations upon which our relationship will be based. We encourage you to read them carefully, but also to seek independent legal advice where necessary.
1. You have engaged Fusion Management as your agency in relation to all services conducted by you regarding acting, modelling dance or extra work. These services include, but are not limited to, feature films, short films, theatre productions, music videos, fashion shows and commercial work.
2. This contract will automatically renew in two years’ time unless either party terminates the agreement. This may be done orally or in writing.
3. This is a non-exclusive agreement. Therefore, you may wish to engage in agreements with other agencies or management companies to represent you in the entertainment industry if you wish.
4. Fusion Management will arrange castings, interviews, bookings and any other arrangements which are directly related to our management agreement with you. This may include promoting you in a way that develops your modelling, acting or dance career.
5. Fusion Management will consult with booking agencies, casting directors and production companies on behalf of you. Where appropriate, Fusion Management will also make work-related arrangements on behalf of you. This may include international travel arrangements on your behalf and in consultation with you.
6. Fusion Management will, where appropriate, assist you to obtain legal, financial and other advice in relation to your modelling, acting or dance career.
7. You authorise Fusion Management to invoice clients directly and to receive payments for your services on your behalf. Fusion Management is therefore authorised to be your agent in so far as negotiating, contracting and executing for you on your behalf.
8. You hereby authorise Fusion Management to automatically receive a 20% management fee of the work Fusion Management arranges and secures for you. Please note that once a job is complete it could take up to 30 days for production to pay us, sometimes this can take longer. Once we receive payment, we (Fusion) have up to 10 days to pay you after our (fusions) commission has been deducted.
9. Subject to paragraph 7, Fusion Management agrees to pay you the remaining full 80% of the work that you performed.
10. On becoming a Fusion Member, a fee of £160 will be payable when joining the agency, this will cover 2 years of representation with Fusion Management (£80 a year.) An artist may cancel their membership within a 30 day ‘cooling off period’ in which case no money will be deducted from the artist, after the cooling off period no refunds are permitted. The £160 fee is not permitted/charged to artists on spotlight, a database for professional actors in the UK (degree holding actors or very experienced actors with credentials). The £160 fee will cover the artists publication on our website, access to services such as the ‘jobs board’ where artists can apply for work daily, promotional materials, personal career grooming, and out of pocket expenses including booking fees, photocopies, couriers and long-distance telephone calls.
11. Fusion Management will not require you to perform any services which you do not wish to perform, promote, endorse or be associated with. You should advise Fusion Management of any services you wish not to perform at the time of signing this contract. Otherwise, you should make your preferences clear as soon as applicable and possible.
12. The Artist will be with the Agency for a period of 24 months. The Artist will remain under contract with the Agency beyond this period if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any further associated Assignment(s) in full. The Artist agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may continue the Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian, or any other form, of representation.
13. You acknowledge that this contract does not constitute an employee/employer relationship or partnership agreement between Fusion Management and you. You are an independent contractor which means Fusion Management is not responsible for superannuation, worker’s compensation, annual leave or any other statutory entitlements. Furthermore, Fusion Management does not supervise your professional activities nor controls the terms and conditions of your services.
14. Fusion Management agrees to represent you in your chosen profession diligently, in the best of faith and to the best standard as possible.
15. You agree that payments for services performed by you will be paid to you upon payment of Fusion Management by the client (e.g. production company).
16. If this agreement is terminated by either party, Fusion Management will be entitled to retain the management fee and any other negotiated agency service fee applicable at the time of the termination. You agree to pay any outstanding fees owing to Fusion Management at the time of termination.
17. The Artist will remain with the Agency for a minimum period of 24 months. The Artist will remain under contract with the Agency beyond this period if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any further associated Assignment(s) in full. The Artist agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue the Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian, or any other form, of representation.
18. The Artist agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artist with immediate effect should the Artist, or any person accompanying the Artist, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner on Assignment(s) or should an Artist fail to attend a pre-arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency. The Artist agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artist with immediate effect should an Artist, or any person representing the Artist, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner towards, and during any communication with, the Agency and Agency staff. In the event of the Model failing to attend a pre-arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency the Artist agrees that the Artist may be liable for the costs of that Assignment(s). The Artist has the right to terminate this agreement without notice. However, the artist cannot terminate this agreement, and will remain under contract with the Agency, if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any associated Assignment(s) in full and the Artist agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the Agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue this Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian or any other form of representation.
19. The Agency agrees to apply for a licence in accordance with the ‘Children and Young Persons Act 1963 -The Children (Performances) Regulations 1968’ providing that all the required and requested documentation is provided to the Agency by the Artist. The Artist agrees that job details will initially be given orally at the point of booking and subsequently confirmed in writing in paper or electronic form. The Artist agrees it is not the responsibility of the Agency to ensure the safety of the Artist whilst undertaking any Assignment(s). The Artist agrees to comply with all rules and regulations, including those pertaining to Health & Safety, that are in place at the Agency and at any premises or location where any Assignment(s) is undertaken. The Artist agrees that the Agency cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury or accident that may occur to the Artist when travelling to or from or during any Assignment(s) they undertake on behalf of the Agency. The Artist agrees that they are responsible for travel arrangements to and from the location of the Assignment and that the Artist must meet any expenses incurred when undertaking an Assignment. The Artist must telephone the Agency within 48 hours of a job being completed to notify the Agency of the hours worked. The Artist agrees that if the Agency is not notified within 48 hours the Artist may not be paid for the Assignment.
20. The Artist agrees that they are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom when undertaking an Assignment and understands that the Agency will not actively promote a Artist who has not provided the Agency with acceptable photographic identification and National Insurance number or relevant work permit. The Artist agrees that the Agency may, in the capacity of data controller (The Data Protection Act 1998) share the Artist personal data with third parties, handle, hold and process data about the Artist in order to process primary and residual payments as necessary and, in compliance with statutory requirements, report information to Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
We look forward to working with you and providing you with the support, enthusiasm, assistance and commitment necessary to enhance your career in modelling, acting or dance.
By ticking the box will mean you acknowledge and agree to the above terms and conditions of this arrangement between yourself and Fusion Management.